The Independent Guard Battalion will be conducting our battalion drill April 2nd. The drill will be at the Hartford City civil war event site. We will be camping at and around the hill we normally set up. Orville has also secured the armory for us which is heated and has modern restrooms. There will be no restrooms on site. For those arriving on Friday. Both places will be available. Please bring trash bags so the area can be policed after we conclude our drill.
The schedule will be as follows:
- 1. First call 8:45 a.m. for morning parade.
- 2. 9:00 a.m. Battalion formation
- 3. 9:15 a.m. Companies will break off for company drill.
- 4. 11:45 a.m. Company drill concludes.
- 5. 12:00 noon -1:00 p.m. lunch
- 6. 1:15 p.m. first call for battalion parade.
- 7. 1:30 p.m. battalion parade
- 8. 1:45 p.m. battalion drill begins and will end after we have completed all maneuvers in a satisfactory manner.
Members are welcome to stay over Saturday evening if they so desire.
Even though this will require a huge amount of work. I want everyone to enjoy themselves and have a feeling of satisfaction when you leave.
Have a safe trip and looking forward to seeing everyone again.
Col. Danny Linkous
Independent Guard Battalion